- Do you feel you lack focus and concentration?
- Do you set goals and never achieve them?
- Does your attention to the things you think are important in your life fade and wander?
- Would you like to: lose weight, increase your motivation, change a habit or behavior?
- Could you feel better about yourself? More in charge of your life?
- Would you like to learn a real secret that has helped thousands to take the reins of their lives?
Then SPC is for you! SPC stands for Self-Programmed Control, and it’s a program that has been successfully applied by thousands of individuals and organizations since the 1980’s, and now for the first time it’s available here in Minnesota! We at ChangeWorks are proud to be the exclusive master trainers in the Midwest for the highly effective SPC program!
Who has used SPC and what do they have to say about it? SPC has been used by the FAA, Rockwell International, UCLA and other universities, colleges, high schools and elementary schools; it has been used in medical institutions, by the US Military, in industry and by thousands in individual trainings. Take a look at the testimonials here to see the wide variety of issues that have been helped by the SPC program.
What is SPC?
SPC is short for Self Programming Control. The SPC program was developed by Dr. Alfred A. Barrios, a Clinical Psychologist (BA, CalTech, PhD, UCLA), a recognized authority on the power of the word and its effect on human behavior. He is the inventor of the Stress Card, the portable thermal biofeedback device featured in the SPC program. Millions of Stress Cards have been sold and are in use throughout the world; clients include the US Military, medical facilities and more. (See a partial listing of SPC program users here.)
“SPC provides a series of simple, step-by-step mind focusing techniques that allow individuals to reprogram any behavior they wish to change. The SPC approach has been used successfully with employees at many organizations including Rockwell, Mead Johnson and UCLA.” ~ Dr. Alfred A. Barrios, creator of SPC
SPC is a form of effectiveness training, as implementation of SPC increases effectiveness in any area focused upon for improvement, and increases self-efficacy and self-belief in your ability to manage and master change in your life. Through the systematic, ongoing use of SPC, anyone can become a more effective leader, parent, coach, student, athlete, salesperson, or professional.
What can SPC do for you?
The most difficult challenge faced by people and organizations is how to CHANGE. The need for change, both individually and organizationally is acknowledged. The fact that we are constantly required to change in our lives is known. However what most people and organizations find that they are lacking is a systematic program that provides effective tools and methods to achieve changes and reach potential.
SPC is that program.
- Teach you the ability to control your subconscious level programming;
- Instruct you in a simple but effective step by step process to implement that control;
- Directly and measurably increase your ability to hold focus and concentration;
- Focus your motivation, intention and energy to laser-beam intensity;
- Give you the tools to change your subconscious level programming to “Self Program” in any change you desire, to meet your personal and life goals!
SPC also creates the following benefits:
- Increased self confidence and self esteem;
- Increased self-dependence;
- Increased self-efficacy and self-actualization;
- A greater sense of control over one’s self and one’s world which leads to a sense of being “at cause” in your life rather than being “at effect.”
The tools are elegant and simple, the process easy to learn and apply. Do not let the apparent simplicity of the program fool you! The program’s effectiveness is enhanced by the fact that it is easy to use and therefore, people use it and stay with it, gaining increasingly effective results with ongoing use.
What types of goals can be effectively achieved through SPC?
- Positive Thinking
- Habit change
- Smoking Cessation
- Increase personal resilience
- Learning Ability Health goals Goal achievement
- Creativity Fear/anxiety
- Improve Self Image
- Increased focus and mental concentration
- Improved study and test taking abilities
- Weight Control
- Emotional control
- Leadership Ability
- Tension Control
- Relationship Improvement
- Procrastination elimination
- …and more.
Any positive change that you would like to see in yourself can be achieved through SPC.
How do you learn SPC?
The SPC program consists of one 4 hour workshop followed by a 6 week period of individual implementation during which you’ll receive follow up emails to check your progress and have access to your trainer via email to answer any questions you have as you implement the program.
Participants are instructed in the use of the tools and processes, taught how to properly formulate a goal for SPC application, and how to monitor progress.
The results of SPC are measured! All participants take the Willoughby Test, a measure of emotional intelligence and self-efficacy, at the beginning of the workshop and at the end of the 6 week period. Daily emails remind participants to practice the brief, simple, and enjoyable exercises and track their progress during the 6 week period. Participants are also welcome to continue to use the Willoughby Test periodically to continue to gauge their improvement along with their Progress Notebooks.
The SPC program is results-oriented. The program was developed by a clinical psychologist, Dr. Alfred A. Barrios, and tested in multiple academic and industry settings during its development. SPC has since been implemented by thousands of medical, government, academic and corporate organizations. See just a few of the program’s testimonials here.
Classes are forming now for early July.
Call (763) 218-3231 to reserve your seat today!