Hi, I’m Cindy Locher and I’m a Board Certified Hypnotist and NLP Practitioner practicing in Apple Valley, Minnesota. I’m looking forward to helping you to release your fears and anxiety, find greater success in your life, or improve your golf game!
I’m a second-generation hypnotist. My Dad was a Master Social Worker (MSW) and learned hypnosis as a therapeutic modality for his client work with juvenile delinquents in the State of Michigan correctional system. So I was exposed to hypnosis from a young age. At the age of four, Dad used some hypnosis techniques to get me back into a dentist’s chair, after a traumatic dental event. To this day, I go into a pleasant trance state in the dentist’s chair! I have even had dental work done multiple times with no novacaine–just hypnosis!
My approach is completely client-centered. This is custom, private hypnotherapy, tailored to your needs, and is therefore highly effective. When appropriate, I record sessions for you to listen to at home. This provides reinforcement of the suggestions to increase your success, whether that is with hypnosis smoking, hypnosis anxiety, hypnosis weight loss, or other issues such as chronic pain and relaxation response/stress reduction.
In addition to my private practice in clinical hypnosis, I teach hypnosis topics at Normandale Community College, am the Executive Director of the Midwest Hypnotherapy Academy and the Twin Cities Holistic Practitioners Association, and, time permitting (!) speak professionally throughout the Twin Cities and across the nation and once, even internationally.
I have successfully conducted thousands of hypnosis sessions to help people achieve positive changes in their lives and I am confident in my ability to help YOU.
Please, follow me on Twitter & Facebook, and of course our own blog right here on the site, if you’re interested in more information about hypnosis. I use Twitter & Facebook to pass along research and articles of interest in the areas of hypnosis, NLP, and behavioral change, belief systems and the like. The blog is dedicated to articles either written by me or by guest authors who are prominent in the hypnosis community, and go into more depth than the Twitter or Facebook posts.
Roles & Credentials
Owner and Hypnotherapist, ChangeWorks Hypnosis Center, since 2007
Fellow, International Hypnosis Federation
Instructor, Normandale Community College, 2009 – 2016
Staff Hypnotherapist, Arijai Holistic Medical Center, Burnsville, MN
Executive Director & Instructor, Midwest Hypnotherapy Academy
Executive Director, Twin Cities Holistic Practitioners Association
• Board Certified Hypnotist, through the National Guild of Hypnotists (NGH)
• Master NLP Practitioner, Certified through the National Federation of NLP (NFNLP)
• Honors graduate, Hypnosis Motivation Institute, California
– the first accredited college of clinical hypnotherapy in the nation.
• Certified Instructor, National Guild of Hypnotists and International Medical & Dental Hypnotherapy Association
• Certified Master NLP Instructor, National Federation of Neurolinquistic Programming
• Completed Jon Kabat-Zinn’s Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction Program Training (2010)
• Active Member and Fellow of the International Hypnosis Federation
• Active Member of the American Hypnosis Association (AHA)
• Active Member of the International Association of Counselors and Therapists (IACT)
• Active Member of the International Medical & Dental Hypnotherapy Association (IMDHA)
• Certified Sports Hypnotist (dual certifications through NESTA & AHA)
• Certified Smoking Cessation Specialist (AHA)
• Certified Weight Loss Specialist (AHA)
• Instructor of hypnosis classes at Normandale Community College (Self Hypnosis I & II, Self Hypnosis for Pain Control, Medical Hypnosis, and Mind/Body Techniques for Anxiety Reduction)
• Certifed Nutritional Coach through NESTA, the National Exercise and Sports Trainers Association.
- Author; Published works include:
- Mastering the Art of Success, co-authored with Jack Canfield and Mark Victor Hansen (Chicken Soup for the Soul);
- Creating Resilience (2014)
- Vanquish Your Fear of Public Speaking (2012),
- EFT: From the Basic Recipe to Personal Peace (2014),
- numerous published articles and host of KDWA radio’s Hypnosis Today with Cindy Locher (2009 — 2012) and The Hypnotic Radio Hour (2014 to 2016).
- Speaker; invited and featured speaker/workshop leader/ lecturer at national and international conferences including National Guild of Hypnotists; International Medical and Dental Hypnosis Association; The International Hypnosis Convention (multiple cities in Mexico and South America); Hypnothoughts Conference; and various colleges and private conferences within the Midwest.
- Founding Member of the Midwest Association of Transformational Leaders (ATL), a local off-shoot of Jack Canfield’s global organization, the Transformational Leadership Council (TLC). Both organizations provide opportunities for thought leaders to connect and share, at the community level (ATL) or the global level (TLC). Cindy also sits on the planning committee of this prestigious organization.
Cindy is the founder and one of the instructors at the Midwest Hypnotherapy Academy, a Minnesota State licensed school of hypnotherapy. (Learn more about the school at www.MidwestHypnotherapyAcademy.com.)
I abide by and conform with the Code of Ethics of the International Medical and Dental Hypnotherapy Association.